- Successfully restructured multiple power sales contracts (buyout/ buy-down/ restructuring) with both Pacific Gas & Electric Co, (PG&E) and Southern California Edison Company (Edison).
- Spearheaded the negotiations for the restructuring of power contracts, e.g., Mesquite Lake Project, West Coast Cogeneration, Inc., jackson Valley Energy Partners, and others.
- Negotiated existing and prospective power purchase contracts with utilities in the U.S., and with international government-owned utilities.
- Assisted the Indonesian government owned utility, PT PLN, in dealing with its financial and currency crises with respect to a number of IPP projects.
- Negotiated settlements of disputes between IPPs and both Edison and PG&E. FMY Associates obtained regulatory approval for these settlements.
- Participated in successful settlement of negotiations of California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) complaints with Edison and PG&E.
- Assisted clients in aquiring power projects in California by providing financial, economic, and regulatory due diligence reviews.
- Provided strategic advice to clients in identifying opportunities in the power market; strengthened their position in negotiating with other entities; negotiated/ renegotiated power sale contracts.
- Worked extensively with major financial institutions to protect their debt/ equity interests in their power projects.