- Restructure power projects:
- renegotiate power contracts
- restructure debt schedule
- provide management advice
- renegotiate fuel and operations and maintenance agreements
- Provide advice regarding:
- power sales contract terms and conditions
- avoided-cost methodology and calculations
- the policies of public utilities commissions in the United States.
- short- and long-term forecasts of gas and electric prices.
- Represent clients in acquiring or selling power-generating facilities.The range of technologies and fuels includes landfill gas, hydro, geothermal, wind, and gas-fired generation facilities. FMY's role includes marketing, financial and economic evaluation, negotiations, and due diligence.
- Negotiate settlements of disputes between IPPs and utility companies.
- Perform economic analysis for financial institutions and other lenders and investors.